- Special occasions are always so overwhelming and noisy.
- Lots of people lots of kisses and awkward hugs and I never know how to react…
- Small talk. Nightmare. Never know what to say and I can’t think because it’s so loud with other people having conversations.
- People like to do ‘special things’ like outings on their birthdays. This is hard for me. I just don’t understand this. I hate the attention being on me even though it’s only for a day..it’s so difficult. I’d much rather have a quiet day!
- And generally it’s such a tiring time of year…(for me anyway!)
It’s my sisters 18th tomorrow – and of course I’m happy for her and it’s awesome – but it involves spending the day out and about and going to London for the day as well as eating out somewhere new ( I got the day of work too). This is something I don’t want to complain about as it ruins my families day but different changes in environments, especially busy ones, are so overwhelming. 😱
Anyone else find this time of year overwhelming sensory-wise? Got any good coping methods? Why not share them in the comments below 😉