Why restaurants are hard for me to cope with:
- Atmospheric music. Just nope. I don’t need music to eat to.
- They generally involve crowded environments – think chairs squished together and travelling through a maze of them just to get to the nearest toilet.
- If its loud I don’t know when/ don’t get the feeling I’m full – weird I know right?
- I have to take loo breaks just to sit in the quiet for a bit….
- Loud prolonged noises are physically as well as mentally draining. Whoever I’m eating with tends to get a bit annoyed as I will zone out regularly and not hear what they are saying and I can’t think properly with loud noise so I find it hard to make conversation.
- I once went to a restaurant for a friends birthday which I thought would be okay because their would only be 4 of us – I get to the restaurant and it’s like a FLIPPING CLUB atmosphere inside – waiters yelling over loud reggae music and customers being misheard. NIGHTMARE. Add to the fact that there was crazy lighting meaning I couldn’t actually see what I was eating clearly (and having to eat new things) I can quite happily say I won’t be going there ever again!
- I have SO much trouble cutting my food up. I use my knife and fork the wrong way round anyway but I do not have any cutting skills. I look like a wally trying to cut through a pizza and struggling…
- I like to sit in my coat. Everyone asks me ‘why haven’t you taken your coat off yet?’ its because I’m comfortable and its like a thick layer of protection and stops people indent know brushing up too close to me. I sometimes even wear my coat indoors at home but I’m getting better at that.
- I can’t talk and eat that well. Its one or the other people…don’t expect both at the same time! 😂
- So to sum up restaurants = hard for me.
Anyone else not a fan of restaurants? Or is there one restaurant you love and always go to?Let me know in the comments below 😉
Oh by the way just in case you wondered…