So I received this super awesome ‘lil zine in the post from the super lovely Megan Rhiannon’s Etsy shop this week! It’s intricate illustrations are beautiful and give a little insight into ‘Some autistic feels’. Have a little click through the slideshow of images above which give a little sneak peek of some of the pages!
Some of my own autistic feels:
- Living in big comfy baggy jumpers and skinny jeans all day everyday. I would dress in grey and black 24/7 if I could!
- Hot drinks: specifically tea which is my go to hot drink…(with plain digestive biscuits!)
- My weighted blanket: I use it every night without fail and during the day if I feel stressed out or anxious (it’s from Sensory Direct)
- My phone: I listen to lots of podcasts and audiobooks to keep me distracted and to learn on the go about new things. (I might do a little blog post listing all the podcasts I love) I also love taking photos and videos of quirky things.
- My wave projector: I use this most nights, it replicates sea waves moving and it’s super calming to watch 😍
- My Sensory DIY Box: my go-to when I need to fidget or calm down sensory-wise. Currently loving my little fidget cube and tangle!
So there are some of my own autistic feels – let me know what little things you use everyday to self-soothe or distract yourself in the comments below…