Hi everyone! Coming back at you with another drawing – this time on the struggles of food and drink as a sensory / autistic person. The struggle is REAL. I am a slight nightmare when it comes to food – I am a picky eater (even now at the age of 26!). I like to stick to food I know and especially bland food – I hate anything even slightly spicy, hot or flavoured. So let me explain my drawing above….
- I tried peanut butter for the first time the other day (I couldn’t stand the texture it was WAY too sticky but I like the smell of it!)
- Meat is pretty much a no-go food group for me. I HATE the texture, it’s chewiness is way too much for me to handle
- As I mentioned about spicy food before it usually = Emily running away
- Cereal is my FAV. The crunchier the better! The same with fruit and veg which I also love White chocolate is great especially when it’s left in the fridge before eating! I love the way it snaps
- Jelly and other ‘set’ desserts are a NOPE from me. The texture and sound sends me running!
- I really love fruit and veg – avocados (which I’ve got more into recently), apples and blueberries are my favourite.
- I ❤️ TEA! Just bog standard english breakfast tea is my favourite with a bit of milk. It’s a go-to drink for me and I enjoy just drinking water too (I don’t like alcohol at all smell/taste is too much)
..And there you have it! I am particular about what I like food-wise and obviously this is only a small list I could go into way more detail about food and drink!
Let me know what you love and hate ( or can/can’t tolerate) food and drink-wise down below in the comments. I’m thinking I might do a drawing on each of the senses after doing this one…let me know what you think.