Hello! Here is drawing number five (part of a series on our 8 senses, scroll back on my blog to see my previous drawings!) ✏️ which is all about touch and tactile processing….
- Weighted blankets are THE BEST. I got mine from @sensorydirect (they do a great scheme where you can borrow a blanket on a trial period to see if it’s right for you before purchasing it) I’ve had mine for a few years now and I bought a lovely pale green cover for it which looks fab on my bed!
- Unexpected touch is hugely overwhelming and can be quite frightening to me. For example – anybody coming up to me and tapping me on the shoulder from behind or just touching me when in conversation with me is too much to handle.
- Fidgets, you know the score, they are pretty great. They work as good stim toys and distractions when in different environments.
- Cooking and baking…I hate the texture of ingredients on my hands! I have to wash my hands a lot when baking things because it affects my mood when I have distracting weird textures on me. Things like egg, flour, kneading dough are too overwhelming. Fun fact: When I was at secondary school we had to make a dish in food technology class involving handling mince meat…I hated this idea so I took like medical gloves in to avoid the direct texture (I got some very funny looks from the rest of my class) yet when we started cooking everyone seemed to want gloves and nobody wanted to touch the meat!
- Oversized clothing = comfy! I like huge baggy t-shirts and jumpers with skinny jeans / jeggings. I prefer tighter things on my bottom half and much looser clothing on my top half.
- Labels and tags inside clothing are THE WORST. I don’t understand why there can be small books worth of labels inside some clothing items and they seem to be a nightmare to detached without leaving jagged annoying edges or leaving a hole in the actual clothing. I love @uniqlo clothing as their t-shirts don’t come with any tags (just information printed inside!).
What do you struggle with it term of touch and tactile processing? Comment down below!