Hello! Here is the final drawing of my series on our 8 senses (scroll back in my feed to see my 7 previous drawings!) ✏️ This drawing is all about proprioception. Proprioception refers to the body’s ability to make sense of it’s own position in space. For example, proprioception enables a person to close their eyes and touch their nose with their index finger (which can be harder than it sounds – try it!).
Explanation behind my drawing…
- Climbing: In any shape or form! Whether it’s rock climbing, tree climbing, etc.
- Posture: My posture is awful…and it always takes me a while to realise it when I’m sat at a desk because I’ll sit on my legs or cross them. I know I need to work on it and there’s lots of different methods to remind me like watch alerts to move!
- Weighted: I love weighted things, whether it’s a weighted lap pad, jacket or lap toy.
- Hand Grip: I’ve always held my pen way too hard and pressed on my paper too much – I only really realised how bad this was when I used to come out of written exams in school and my hand would be aching so much!
- Tight hugs: are the BEST. But only from select trusted people! 😉
- New skill: These can be flipping difficult. Learning to drive for example (and being dyslexic and not understanding my left and rights!). New skills can take us more time as we process at different speeds..
Do comment down below if you can relate to anything in my drawing or anything I’ve said, I’m always keen to hear how everyone copes with these things. One more drawing to go in this little series!.
IMAGE ID (White post background with 6 categories listed and little drawings above each)
- Climbing: Woman with brown hair. yellow t-shirt, blue trousers and trainers climbing a rock climbing wall with coloured hand and foot grips. Green Tick icon above to show Emily likes climbing.
- Posture: Ginger haired woman sat at a desk with a computer monitor and mouse, hunched over it with a leg up on the chair. She is wearing a green jumpers and blue jeans with white socks. Cross icon above to show Emily dislikes dealing with posture.
- Weighted: Three drawings of weighted items – a weighted plush toy dog which is brown and beige. A weighted lap pad which is purple with planets and stars on it. A weighted zip-up jacket which is navy blue with pockets. Green Tick icon above to show Emily likes weighted items.
- Hand Grip: A hand holding a yellow pencil over a lined piece of A4 paper. Text on the paper says ‘Pressing too hard’. Cross icon above to show Emily dislikes dealing with her hand grip.
- Tight hugs: A man with blonde hair and a teal jumper hugging a woman with black long curly hair and purple jumper. Green Tick icon above to show Emily likes tight hugs.
- New skill: 3 drawings, a pair of hands holding a grey steering wheel. Yellow ball of wool with two knitting needles pushed through it. A leg with a white sock and purple roller blade on it with pink and green straps over it. Cross icon above to show Emily dislikes learning new skills.