Drop me an email if you have anything press or PR related: firstname.lastname@example.org I’m always keen to get involved in new opportunities.
I currently work full-time as a Graphic Designer (in-house at a tech company) although I am open for paid freelance work and commissions every so often so feel free to drop me an email should you want me to work on something. (I will have a look at requests on a case-by-case basis and get back to you!)
Under no circumstance may you reproduce, publish or distribute elsewhere, in any medium, any of my images for commercial purposes, without proper and prior written permission from me.
Current projects I am working on:
- ‘Sensory Street’ a University of Oxford research project exploring the lives of autistic people with sensory processing difficulties using creative and immersive experiences.
- Dr Catherine Manning (Experimental Psychology, Oxford) Project team: Dr Brett Heasman (UCL), Becky Lyddon (Sensory Spectacle), Emily (21andsensory), Catherine Woolley (Research & Engagement officer, Oxford Uni), Dr Keren McLennan (Postdoc Researcher, Uni of Reading) and Jessica Starns (Founder of @DyspraxicMe). See below and more info here
- Why not follow along with the project here: Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | Website
- Sensory Street Branding: I created the logo for the Oxford Uni Sensory Street Project
- I am on the Advisory Group for a Durham University project called ‘Triple A’ (which stands for Attention, Arousal and Anxiety) and was a Panel member on the Triple A ESRC Festival of Social Science Webinar (November 2021)
- I am the illustrator for ‘The Autistic Friendly Cookbook’ by Lydia Wilkins, which will be published in November 2022 by Jessica Kingsley Publishers. The book will encompass 100 different recipes, some of which have been collated from Autistic individuals from all over the world. Find out more information here.
- Producing my own 21andsensory Podcast which go live around every two weeks / monthly
- Illustrations for my Instagram page
- I create my own 21andsensory Gifs and Stickers that can be used on Instagram (e.g. on Instagram Stories) and TikTok. Just search ’21andsensory’ wherever you get your Gifs to see my collection or have a look at them all here: Giphy.com/21andsensory (they have had over 220 million views!)
- And more exciting projects….
- I have worked with clients such as BBC, BBC Bitesize, Airbnb and Tiimo to name a few!
A series of illustrations commissioned by the BBC:
- I was commissioned by the BBC to create a series of images for their Instagram account providing tips on how to be more accessible on social media (November 2020)
- Also I was a guest on 1800 Seconds on Autism (BBC / BBC Sounds) (December 2020)
- I was commissioned to create two illustrations and two TikTok videos for BBC Bitesize in June 2021. One on summer holidays here and one on sensory struggles in schools here
I worked with Tiimo (The Visual Daily Planner app: tiimoapp.com)
- I created a set of sensory icons in my signature style that users of the app can now use in their daily schedules! See the icons here
I’ve been interviewed in articles here:
- My London News ‘I didn’t tell the people I work with I am autistic because of how I thought I’d be treated’ (April 2022, World Autism Acceptance Day)
- Journal Magazine ‘Navigating Neurodiversity with 21andsensory’ (April 2022, World Autism Acceptance Day)
- The National Autistic Society: Stories from the Spectrum: Emily
- By Jenna Gensic from www.learnfromautistics.com here: ‘Autism Interview #130: Emily on diagnosis and Sensory Processing Disorder’
- By Victoria Ellen (Actually Aspling) on actuallyaspling.wordpress.com here: Interview with 21andSensory!
- By Lydia Wilkins here: ‘The Daily Sensory Things That Are Hard To Handle 21 & Sensory on diagnosis, adaptations and positivity’
I’ve given talks for:
- The South West Clinical Excellence Network (CEN) team in Autism, NHS (April 2022, Virtual)
I’ve featured as a guest on these podcasts:
- The I Can’t Stand Podcast by Peta Hooke (March 2022)
- The Autism Podcast by The London Autism Group (December 2021)
- Drop in the Bucket Podcast (September 2021)
- Psychology in the Classroom Podcast (June 2021)
- Autism Journeys Podcast (April 2021)
- Spotlight on FASD Podcast (March 2021)
- 1800 Seconds on Autism (BBC / BBC Sounds) (December 2020)
- Thoughty Auti Podcast by Thomas from @aspergersgrowth (January 2020)
- Teaching Autism Podcast with Nikki from @teachingautism (November 2019)
- Chewigem’s Sensory Matters podcast @chewigem (October 2018)
I really love being invited to being a guest on podcasts and I am also available for speaking opportunities. Please do bear in mind that I keep my identity anonymous online (nobody knows what I look like – which usually means if we are recording something I’ll just pop my video ‘off’ before we start!)
I have collaborated with:
- Dan from The Aspie World on an illustration based on one of his YouTube Videos
- Cura Project: Instagram post
- ‘Supporting your Neurodiverse Child’ Digital Book: Takiwatanga Autism Support Services got in touch in with me (in late 2021) to ask if they could use my graphics in their digital book with Essex Family Forum called ‘Supporting Your Neurodiverse Child’ which is for parents, written by parents from Send The Right Message alongside professionals from across health, education and social care.
I have worked with:
- Becky from Sensory Spectacle on design and sensory-related work: www.sensoryspectacle.co.uk
- Teaching Autism Rebrand 2021: Many thanks to Nikki for reaching out to me to rebrand her company! teachingautism.co.uk You can see the rebrand here too: Instagram | Facebook
- I was named as one of Twinkl’s Top Autism Bloggers in 2020: